If you are new to Google Search Console and wanted to know what is a Google search console, and how to link google search console? Then you are at the right place.
What is a Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is a free tool provided by Google to track the performance of a website. It helps to monitor your website traffic, maintain your website activities, and troubleshoot technical issues related to your website.
Here is the step-by-step guide to access the Google Search Console.
- Get into Google Browser and Type in Google Search Console
- Click this link to Access Google Search Console
- You will find the below screen
Click on the start now
The screen will prompt you to the below screen
- Choose your account and click on proceed
- Once you have logged in, you are prompted to add the domain name
Search console prompts for 2 verification methods for the website
- Domain verification is the latest method added by Google. It is an advanced version for the domain verification method. This method includes sub-domains and automatically updates http to https .
- In this method, you must provide DNS verification method to access your website.
User must copy the txt record given below and verify on the service provider domain.
- Identify the zone editor from your c-panel
- Add a record and select TXT as a record type
- Fill the rest of the field with the below information
- Add a valid domain name
- Add TTL – 3600
- Insert TXT Record copied from the Verification method into the Record section
- Add and save the record
- Switch back to the search console and verify your account
The second method is
- Chose URL Prefix
- This method helps to verify your URL
- Add your URL in the URL prefix (example – https://www.gnomicdigital.com)
- Once you add the URL prefix, click on continue
- You will be directed to Verify Ownership page
Verify ownership has multiple option to verify your website
- Verify through HTML file
- HTML Tag
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Domain Name Provider
By default, Search Console prompts to Verify through HTML file. Refer below image
Download the file
- Then upload this file through Control Panel (www.example.com/cpanel)
- Once you have entered into cpanel
- Provide cpanel credentials
- Choose File Manager
- A new window opens with the website asset details
- From the root folder select Public_html folder. Refer above example
- Upload your HTML verification file, which you have downloaded from the Search Console
- Then click on the Verify button from Search Console Page
Once your verification is a success, the Search Console takes to the property of the website.
With the above method is the standard method to verify the Ownership of your website. Post completing this activity, Search Console starts tracking the performance of your data.
At Gnomic we can help you not only in setting up a Google Search Console but we can do a lot more with our Digital Marketing and other Digital-enabled solutions. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.
Else fill in the contact form and we will revert to you in 3 business days.